CeaseFire Pennsylvania Education Fund (CeaseFirePA), Pennsylvania’s leading gun violence prevention organization, is hiring a community organizer. The goals are to increase our presence and support base in key geographic regions, engage supporters and create new partnerships to promote our work. This is a temporary, full-time position, with the potential to become a longer-term assignment.
Community Organizer Job Description:
We are searching for a talented and professional Community Organizer to develop Scranton community outreach activities and grow our support base in Scranton and the surrounding area. You will represent CeaseFirePA and work with the Organizing team to develop and implement initiatives that increase CeaseFIrePA’s visibility within the surrounding community. This is a new position, joining our existing team members who are based in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. The ideal candidate will need to be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and community-driven to take on this role.
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, representing CeaseFirePA at community events including workshops, panel discussions, and other communication opportunities.
- Create and execute opportunities to gain and engage new supporters.
- Nurture new and old relationships with collaborative partners.
- Prepare accurate records and weekly reports on the goals of the organizing plan.
- Preferred experience of 3-5 years with nonprofit outreach or community or political organizing.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Able to create and track key metrics central to the organizing plan.
- Must possess a car and laptop.
Apply to email@example.com